By Silvera Food
Thursday, 24, 2019, 16:30 (GMT+7)
The year-end time with festivals and holidays is drawing near with a huge demand for finger foods in several market worldwide. Last September 24th, 2019, Silvera Food performed its inspection on one of its containers of breaded shrimp to an European market for an important importer. This pre-shipment inspection was performed at a shrimp factory located in Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam. The products inspected included Pre-fried torpedo vannamei shrimp and Pre-fried skewered vannamei shrimp.
The video shows part of the inspection, which lasted roughly 2-3 hours containing of the following basic steps:
1) Chosing randomly 10 to 20 cartons on different pallets. The number of cartons chosen is subject to the total quantity of each container. Usually we go for 10 cartons for a 20 feet container and 40 cartons for a 40 feet container.
2) Checking the state, strap colors and dimension of each master carton.
3) Checking the gross weight of each master carton.
4) Checking the state of each inner box or inner bag with a rider/ header card.
5) Checking the gross weight of each inner unit product.
6) Checking the state of frozen products.
7) Thawing and checking the weight, the texture, the smell of each unit.
8) Checking moisture content subject to the requirement of each shipment.
9) Cooking and checking the taste and the smell of one to 2 random pieces.
10) Preparing a report with full figures and photos and send it to the importer/ buyer for their evaluation.
Below is a video and some photos from the inspection.
Silvera Food QC Arranges Shrimp Pieces On A Chart To Measure Their Length. Credit: Silvera Food
Frozen Pre-fried Breaded Torpedo Vannamei Shrimp. Credit: Silvera Food
Pre-fried Breaded Torpedo Vannamei Shrimp After Being Cooked. Credit: Silvera Food
Frozen Pre-fried Skewered Vannamei Shrimp. Credit: Silvera Food
Pre-fried Skewered Vannamei Shrimp Before & After Being Cooked. Credit: Silvera Food.
Pre-fried Skewered Vannamei Shrimp After Being Cooked. Credit: Silvera Food.
Mon - Fri: 08:30 - 17:30
Sat: 08:30 - 12:30